Saturday, May 7, 2011

JRyans Pub (Syracuse, NY)

    

Location: 253 East Water Street, Syracuse, NY 13202 (Hanover Square)

JRyans is my favorite beer spot in Syracuse.  Mostly because they have 69 different beers on tap that they are continuously rotating.  They have a huge selection of great beer and are always getting in new beers to try.  Definitely a great place for beer lovers.

The bartenders are always super nice and helpful when it comes to selecting beers and trying samples of beers before you invest in a purchase.  They're food is typical pub food including burgers, wings and sandwiches.  On Sundays and Mondays though, they have a pretty good wing deal (10 for $5 I think) and if you know anything about me, you know I like my wings.  They're pretty bangin.

JRyans is also known for hosting some pretty cool beer events.  I was lucky enough to attend they're Extreme Beer night during Beer Week last November and it, was, awesome.  One of the "extreme beers" they had was Sam Adam's Utopias (google it).  They're also hosting Friday the Firkinteenth (Friday, May 13 at 5:00pm - May 15 at 2:00am) where they will have participating breweries (like Ithaca Brewing Co) tap cast-conditioned beers... money!!  If you like beer, you should definitely attend, this will be a once in a lifetime opportunity to try some outstanding beers and talk it up with beer representatives from participating breweries.  They'll probably be some sweet freebies as well...

Luckily for me, that's graduation weekend and I have to waitress all weekend, yayyyy!!!  But Jason will be covering this event (hopefully he's not so bombed that he doesn't remember anything) and I sure as hell will be down there as soon as I'm cut.  I'll be the girl who smells like seafood and is wearing food stained black pants, keepin it classy, as always.

Anyways, to wrap things up, JRyans is definitely the place to hit up in Syracuse if you're into beer and not into a super crowded, pretentious or over-priced bar.  Definitely super laid back and usually has a pretty solid music selection playing.  Did I mention that every night they have $2 11oz & $10 pitcher specials??  HOW CAN YOU BEAT THAT!?!

My only suggestion so far is... let's get some live music up in this joint!  They have a pretty awesome outdoor patio that I can see being used for live music over the summer, it would be beyond spectacular.  If you don't believe me, check out this hipster scene Jason and I ran into last summer in Philly... mind you this band I think is singing about perogies roasting and are doing some kind of weird hop dance, but you get the picture:


Written by: Krysten

No comments:

Post a Comment